We offer decision intelligence solutions to solve complex problems: from workshops to end-to-end projects. DI is the future of AI: it adds an “action and outcome layer” to AI, which is otherwise limited to predictions, diagnosis, answers, and labeling.
- DI can take your system that predicts which device is most likely to fail, to one that helps you choose the best action that achieves the best business outcomes.
- DI can take your system that labels security intrusions to one that helps you choose which actions to take when that happens.
- DI can take your system that sorts through images of a situation to find a problematic one, to a system that helps you determine the best course of action to fix it.
Simply put, data is backwards-facing. It’s like watching an elephant’s footprints, rather than understanding the elephant itself. Systems are forward-looking. There’s no coincidence in the fact that your rear-view mirror is smaller than your windshield. Yet most organizations look backwards, assuming future equals past. This is no longer true.
So let’s roll up our sleeves together, and take your organization to the next level.
It doesn’t have to be hard.
You still need your data. It’s always going to be an important tool in validating where you’ve been, and of course, operational data (like a customer’s address) is critical.
But when it comes to making decisions, data is only part of the picture. Once you make a decision and execute on it, this creates a cascade of events within your organization. Understanding how the decision leads to an impact…and another…and another…until you’ve reached your objective (or not) may sound like a daunting proposition. But here’s the rub: you’re doing it already, in your head, every time you think through the consequences of a decision. Why not get some computer help with that? Even a little can go a long way. Because otherwise, you’re facing the fog shown in the picture above.
Here’s what you can expect when working with us to improve your organizational decision making. Think of this as an “a la carte” menu; some organizations choose the whole bundle, some do one part at a time. Each has value on its own.
- Decision intelligence (DI) training. We run half-day to full-week workshops on the core concepts behind decision intelligence. Here’s more about our workshops.
- Company-wide presentation, so everyone knows what we’re up to. Here are some videos of Lorien Pratt’s public appearances, to give you a flavor of this.
- Decision-specific workshop. We typically work with a multi-functional team. We begin by aligning around desired business objectives, then proceed through decision specification, design (levers, links, external data, and more), and iterate. We work visually and collaboratively, and often the focus is understanding the links between previously silo’d groups, and modeling the “whack-a-mole” of unintended consequences.
- Data assessment. Usually, only 20% of the data contains 80% of the business value. The challenge is to determine which data contains the value. Decision intelligence provides a structured and rigorous approach to figuring this out. If you don’t take this approach, you can waste a lot of time managing data using “operational” methods, where less expensive “analytical” approaches are a tremendously better fit.
- Decision visualization. We usually build custom visualizations for our clients. You can see a demo here (for program management), and another here. We build these to your specifications, to meet the needs of your team.
- Data and systems integration. Here, we work with your organization to integrate a real-time decision navigation infrastructure into your business. Our value proposition: “the best of both worlds”: using our platform means that we can built solutions at low risk and lower cost and much more quickly than other companies (indeed, we once built a full bank risk analysis system in under six weeks). At the same time, it’s fully customized to your needs, as if we’d built it from scratch. Why this is possible? We’ve discovered what’s required in a general-purpose data and decision management framework, including optimization, data binding, visualization, simulation, and more.
Add-ons to the above include:
- Additional training:
- Introduction to R
- Introduction to neural networks in R
- Introduction to machine learning in R
- Building World Modeler custom visualizations
- Deep-dive decision dependency design
- Data services
- Data modeling
- Enterprise architecture integration
- Data cleansing
- Web-based interactive data survey / gathering creation
- Custom model visualization development
- ..and more
So let’s explore together whether supercharging your organization’s decision intelligence makes sense for you.